Friday, July 13, 2007

Boost Metabolism with Strength Circuit

I found a GREAT Strength training program that I've printed out and am planning to use starting tonight!!! I found it at Prevention.com . They have 4 routines in this article, but I like the first one best. I've been looking for something like this and couldn't find one I was really happy with, but I have a feeling this is going to be it!

Boost Metabolism with a Strength Circuit


It includes Lateral Lifts, Chest Flies and Press, Plie Squats, One Arm Rotation Rows, Lunges, Tuck and Crunches, Uppercuts, and Rotating Knees. Only 9 exercises, but they work out your whole body. For the first two weeks, you are supposed to do this routine 3 times a week on non consecutive days using light dumbbells. Start off with 1 set of 12 to 15 repetitions of each move without stopping, or rest for no longer than 15 seconds. For weeks 3 and 4, you increase to repeating the circuit twice so that you're doing a total of 2 sets per exercise. After 4 weeks, increase the weights by 1 to 3 pounds.

I'll let you know how I feel after doing it tonight!

No comments: